Video animation, beautifully crafted fun to look and easy to follow along. Years before, it would cost so much to do, but now, you can do-it-yourself, but as long as you have some internet data to spare, especially with the drag-and-drop templates.
Today, technology has made it easier to have a more enjoyable experience due to, the many animation makers available and granting just about anyone to create animated videos without needing to be an expert.
Without further ado, we highlight our top pick of online resources for your video animation needs, all these take into consideration what exactly you want to do, how unique you want it and the animation requirements that best suits you.
Renderforest is an online, cloud-based video production platform, which can help create various kinds of videos for YouTube, explainer animations, kinetic typography, product, or service promotional. It is basically free, but there are options for paid versions that offer more features and related perks; so try it out.
- Very easy and self-explanatory GUI
- Massive variety of templates and toolkits
- Competitive pricing and storage options
- Availability of commercial music to use
- The online animation maker does not allow you to visualize the final video on different devices with varying sizes.
- Prices for individual users are not very friendly.
Moovly is a cloud-based platform (SaaS) that enables users to create and generate multimedia content: animated videos, video presentations, animated infographics and any other video content that includes a mix of animation and motion graphics. Videos made with Moovly can be shared directly to Facebook and Youtube.
- Moovly can be smoothly integrated with Shutterstock, which provides access to over 175 million images, audio files, video clips, and animated videos of different genres.
- It also provides an in-built toolkit and pre-built templates to allow for content customization.
- Render time takes a lot of time
- Import of images or videos causes glitches and sometimes errors especially when it’s a slow internet connection.
Animaker is a cloud-based DIY video Animation software, launched in 2014 and became the first tool to launch an animated vertical video creator in 2017. It allows users to create animated videos using pre-built characters and templates. Animaker uses both HTML5 and Adobe Flash to create animated videos that can be exported to Facebook, YouTube, or downloaded as an mp4 file. The software is also available as a chrome extension in the Chrome Web Store
- There is a vast array of characters with pre-made gestures and features that can be used right away. Good animated backgrounds
- A newbie can create quality videos featuring whiteboard, 2D and 2.5D graphics, infographics, or typography animation.
- The UI was a little clunky
- Inability to upload videos on the video we’re creating
- Users need access to additional video styles.
Vyond is an online animation software that enables you to easily create professional animated videos for all industries in job roles like marketing, training, and eLearning. One of Vyond stand-out features is the ability to add lip-sync to your chosen characters by adding a voice recording or importing an audio file. Vyond does not have a free license, but rather a 14-day premium trial for you to try out their platform.
- You can access different audio-video files and images, which are royalty-free
- Relatively simple to set a scene
- This platform is quite pricy, it is on the higher side.
- There are only three (3) templates which make it limited.
- That there is no option to use anything other than animated characters or whiteboards
Powtoon is a web-based animation software that allows users to create animated presentations by manipulating pre-created objects, imported images, provided music, and user-created voice-overs. It has a free account option allowing users to create animated videos that can be exported to Youtube but include the Powtoon branding.
- Facilitates the creation of online presentations.
- Improvements need to be made on features like Characters, Background Music and some other features
Toonator animation tool helps you create cartoon animations from scratch or edit others’ creations. Create funny cartoons from scratch, or edit graphics that others have created with Toonator. You can also integrate the program on a tablet to directly draw the animation with the help of a pen or finger. The library features cartoon clips added by other users. However, the program usually lacks the option of advanced animation features
- Easy and fun to create cartoon animations
- Integration of use of tablets, pen or finger directly
- Lacks advance features
- This platform is overly simplistic and too cartoonish for some animation needs
MotionDen makes animation by adding templates. You get more control over your work and customize your animations by adjusting the settings. You can add text, change music, and import your own video clips.
- You can use a much different text style in your video
- Animation templates are extensive with regular update
- You can only edit settings from templates, creation from scratch is rather challenging
Wideo is a user-friendly video content creation platform, creating business-focused animated content quickly. Though with limited styles available it is a versatile platform that also allows you to create presentations. The only downside however is that you can only create free animations of up to 30 seconds long. Anything longer will require you to upgrade to a paid license.
- User-friendly interface.
- Hosts an extensive collection of ready-to-use templates
- It has a free platform though with its embedded logo
- It lacks customizable templates and sound options.
- The application has bugs, which makes it susceptible to crashes.
- Its free platform only lasts for 30seconds and to go beyond that is to opt for the paid version.
Doodly is a drag and drop video animation software that lets you create whiteboard videos without the need to have any technical knowledge. Often used in educational or informative videos where you need the audience to read the text and keep their attention while delivering an important message. Doodly is not free. It does not even have a trial version. There are two packages – Standard and Enterprise which you can avail as a monthly or annual package.
- Provides the opportunity for quick e-learning videos to be uploaded for easy access.
- Provides you with a great selection of backgrounds, characters, and props
- Works offline
- Ease of use is truly an asset of this program
- You can reach online support if needed
- No options to record voiceovers. …
- Slow rendering of videos.
- You cannot edit individual items such as characters or props.
- A bit expensive compared to other options
Animatron is an online animation program that allows the creation of various types of animated content such as whiteboard style, explainer animated videos, HTML 5 banners, etc. with ease. There are two platforms, Wave video a powerful video marketing platform where you can create, host, and share marketing videos and there’s the Animatron Studio where you can make animations and explainer videos.
- Access about 500K+ images, audio files, and royalty-free video clips, which may be inaccessible even in other expensive creation platforms.
- Import your own voiceover to make video personal online
- With key frames, you get more control on making bespoke character movements
- Takes a lot of effort to create even a basic animation
- Highly skill-intensive; the advanced feature may be difficult to use
- Needs skill in using animation software such as Adobe Flash
Explee is a cloud-based animated video app, used to create and display your animated videos from your laptop, tablet or smartphone and always have the latest version of your work at your fingertips. It allows you to make eye-catching and interactive animated video like for video scribing and whiteboard animation, to blow your audience away. It has an extensive library that allows you to use the assets or upload your own content or images. The images present here are monochromatic, simple, and often feature similar designs
- The software usually offers a free trial for 14 days, and then you have to purchase the license
- The drag-and-drop features promote ease of use.
- It comes with a preview button so that users can evaluate how the final outcome might look like.
- Its library features drawings that are too simplistic
- There’s no privacy control feature that would protect your works
Making video animations have become easier and are yet still being improved. It is worthy of note that there are yet more options available and coming up, but the major way to have a choice is by trying one or more hands-on, because each has its own pros and cons with their specific focus, so give it a try until the one that best fits your goal and objective.
Contact us if you would like to create an animated video for your marketing, promotional or commercial need, we’ll deliver excellently